Friday, October 9, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Teal (+ Skittle)


It's another Friday and that means another challenge from Crumpet's Nail Tarts 40 Great Nail Art Ideas. But this week starts something different with the challenge. Last week we did a theme. This week it's a color prompt (Teal) and a pattern prompt (with each of us doing a different pattern prompt!). So many ideas to be inspired by!


Ok, so funny story. Well, sort of. This past week has been kind of crazy, just a lot of drama and a lot of stress and anxiety (wait? like that's something new? hahahahaha!). So I didn't get to create my mani until today. I had the idea but not the time. 

So this morning I woke up and got ready. I had to take a conference call for work and when that was done I knew I had three hours before work and could get my mani done. So I started and was doing everything, painting and stamping away.

I happened to look up at the time trying to calculate when I needed to start my lunch so I could eat before I went to work. By now I am finishing up my last few stamps when it dawned on me.

I work an hour earlier today than my normal time! Yikes! I had 20 minutes to finish getting dressed (I had on comfy pants and not my work pants), eat, and get to work which is ten minutes away!

I slapped the last two stamps on, grabbed my camera took some photos (because I knew my mani wasn't going to last through work with it being a truck day and all). Got dressed and flew out the door. I made it just in time!

So the quality of my photos (or lack thereof) is due to being rushed. But, it still kind of fits my mani.


Didn't have time to set up my light box! My mani represents Anxiety Awareness. A teal ribbon represents (among many of things) Anxiety Awareness. As most of you know, I suffer from both anxiety and depression. I know that it will always be a part of me and I am ok with that because having anxiety and depression have made me who I am today. I am stronger than I would have been. 

Even today with all of our technological marvels there are some who still believe that mental illness isn't real. Because we can't see it or touch it directly it can't exist. But we can't see the wind or touch it directly, and it exists.

Mental illness can be seen in the faces of many on this planet; it touches nearly 1 in 4 Americans annually. How can people not believe that it exists?! It is an illness, not a weakness. You can't just buck up and all is good. Would you say that to someone with a broken arm or cancer or diabetes? No, you wouldn't. So why then mental illness?

We need to end the stigma. We need to catch up to all the amazing technology we have because if we as a society think that mental illness isn't real, then why should advance with anything else? Why then are not still just treating our humours and blood letting and using leeches?

End the stigma. #IAmStigmaFree


I used BarryM Cancun as my base. On my index finger I chose the butterfly as a representation of becoming more beautiful through our challenges. I used BarryM Cotton and A England Saint George with UberChic 3-01. My middle finger is also from (as are all the rest of the stamped images) from UrberChic 3-01. The words, stamped with A England Saint George talk about fighting the good fight, never face your fears alone. My ring finger is also stamped with Saint George and simply says: Faith, Hope Love. Because it helps to have all three of those when you are struggling. My little finger has a stamped image of Konad White and UberChic 3-01. I used this image to represent confusion and stress. The teal ribbon (Saint George) is stamped over it to create awareness.

The rushed feeling of these photos helps to portray a bit of anxiety.

Here is last week's collage of the theme: Hobbies


Amazing huh!


If you want to follow us, you can find our Pinterest Board here - all the members will also be sharing the collages on IG and Facebook with the above hashtags. I hope you enjoy and find it as useful as we're finding it fun!

And don't forget to check out the other Teal prompts!