Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Metal Week: "Steeling" a Mani from a Friend!


Day 4 of Metals Week for The Digit-al Dozen. Today I attempted to re-create a mani by Missy over at Gnarly Gnails! (turns out hers is a re-creation too!)

Started out with Catrice Steel My Soul (see what I did there? Steel.....metal....). I then attempted the tape mani portion (and failed big time!). I used Catrice Steel My Heart (another one, steel.....metal.... get it?) and followed with L'Oreal Owl's Night. I sealed it with Poshe Top Coat. I don't believe I did this mani of Missy's justice. But really, can anyone recreate one of her great masterpieces successfully? 


In this one you can see more of the contrast (lack thereof?) of Owl's Night (brown/gold on tips) and Steel My Heart (darker purple in the middle).

The tape mani has won again. Grrr! Curse you tape manis! I'll get you next time!

Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their post for Day 4!