Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Texture Week: Fringe!


Ok, so today I get a little silly with The Digit-al Dozen Does Texture Week! Fringe! Or whatever it is! It re minds me of the Leg Lamp from A Christmas Story or the back of someone's head because it's ridiculous! 

I started with two coats of Barry M Plum (though you can't really see it that much). Used a little bit of HK Girl Top Coat on the base of my nails and placed the fringe/fiber stuff on top! Voila you get, um.....whatever this is!

So I thought I would trim it up and see what it would look like with a top coat. Oh, man, sorry for this next picture! Here I used HK Girl Top Coat and this is what it looked like:


Yikes! Nailed it? Nope failed it! Hahahahaha! It's like yucky greasy hair! Bleh! It's like the girl in the well from The Ring! Oh well, it's just a blog post, who's going to see it? Or wait you did! >_< 

7 Days! Muwahahahaha! (I hope someone caught what I did there!)

Don't forget to check out what the other ladies did, I'm sure it's loads better! :)

26 comments:

  1. Haha! My phone rang while I was reading this too - hiding behind the sofa now!!! ;) Before this all went down the creepy Japanese horror film route, I was going to say these are like burlesque nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha as soon as I saw the topcoated one, I was like, hmmm it's like the cast of the Outsiders, but when you I read your bit about the girl from The Ring I literally snorted. Too funny. I agree with Sam, they're kinda Burlesque-y, and I wonder if the effect might work by doing kind of a fishnet on the nail, and have the fringe come off the tip. It's definitely some food for thought! Thank you for always thinking outside the box :) You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Thank you Ali! Hmm, that could be a very interesting mani!

      Delete
  3. Haha, your fingers have got eyelashes on the top photo! That's how it looks to me.
    I'm looking for the eyes underneath :o)

    The pic with the top coat... well, is it too much mascara or have your fingers been crying?
    Anyway, I love the idea, sure its better without the top coat ;-)
    All the very best from Berlin and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost did them as lashes! Hahaha! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. The girl from the ring....that mede me laugh so hard :D it was funny before the laquer on it but totally not wearable unless u are a dragqueen :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! It was fun to pet my nails for the five minutes I had it on! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. lol - love how you haven't taken yourself too seriously xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know, sometimes you just gotta role with whatever the outcome! I am loving all the comments about this post though! Makes it worth it! :)

      Delete
  6. Heehee these are fun!! :)

    SEVEN DAYS!! EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMBBO Your nails look like the back of my head. The fluffy pretty purple version, not the greasy pomaded version. I love your creative interpretation of the theme! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely a creative interpretation! You're braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you gave your fringe a hair cut...the first thing that popoed into my mind when I seen this is The Munsters The Thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. girl...i think you got some cat hair on your nails! jk! this is fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually think the first version is so perfectly funky-fresh. But ermagerd please noooo on that top coated one! Yikes! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also thought this was going to be fake eyelashes LOL. Weird, freaky, creepy and hilarious. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.