Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Fashion: The Chevron


Day 3 of The Digit-al Dozen Does Fashion and I have for you today: the chevron!

This is one of the biggest fashion trends right now it's ridiculous! Don't get me wrong, I love it. But what I don't love: the confusion over chevron and zigzag (which is also freakin' popular right now!) A chevron is a single v shape. A zigzag is multiple v's. Both are awesome and popular but let's make sure we label them correctly! :) Want to read another blogger's rant on it (it's funny!) visit Just Jingle.

But my mani today is definitely a chevron! I used China Glaze Custom Kicks as my base (two coats). I then used a thin layer of HK Girl Top Coat to help with the drying time (love this stuff!). I stamped used Konad White (also love this stuff!) and Vivid Lacquer VL006. Added another layer of HK Girl Top Coat to seal in the stamping and voila! A chevron mani for the trendy!

And can I just say that I didn't realize how rounded my nails had gotten until I was edited my photos and saw it! Gasp! The straight lines of the chevron (how many more times am I saying this word?) really make my nail shape stand out! Hahaha! Oh chevron....(I guess once more, huh).

Chevron! (Bah!)


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their fashionable manis!

8 comments:

  1. Great chevrons...lots of free hand skill and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooooveee chevron nails, I should to this sometime :D I did not stamp my nails for over a year and a half, ugh. I'm not good at it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am only starting to really get the hang of stamping. Practice practice practice! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the Vivid Lacquer plates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chevron/zigzag battle reminds me of people and their gradient/ombre issues! Get it right!
    Love this, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahahaha I was going to write exactly what Heather's comment says! Luckily I love both chevrons and zig zags, so I'm cool with either. These are so well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.