Monday, June 10, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Book Week - Harold and the Purple Crayon


This week for The Digit-al Dozen, we have Book Week! I'm so excited for this week! It was so hard to narrow it down to just five books!

Today I bring you my favorite children's book ever. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson. I love these books and own many in the series.


The main character in these stories is Harold, a four-year-old boy, who creates his own world from his imagination with his trusty purple crayon.


While Harold is on a walk he creates a path with trees and a moon.


That is what I tried to recreate for my mani. I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (two coats) and some purple craft paint.


Here is a picture of my sister and I dressed as Harold and the Purple Crayon for Halloween back in 2008. She needed to dress up as a character as a book at her work place and since her favorite color is purple we thought it appropriate! And yes, I am wearing one-piece pajamas! :) (sorry for the big happy face in the back. Didn't want to post photos of other people's kids).


And just because it is a perfectly perfect mash-up! Dr Harold! You all need to go check out Karen Hallion's other work! I bought this sticker from her etsy shop. (Doctor Who, Star Wars, Firefly, Princess Bride, and so much more!)


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their books for today!

9 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! Never heard of this book but you nailed it! And I love your costume with your sister - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Girl and Her PolishJune 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM

    Dying! Too cute for words! And the Doctor Who reference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, your sisters costume is awesome! I love the simplicity of this, it captures the book perfectly because the illustrations in the book were simple and complicated at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprisingly I haven't read this book, but the mani is perfection :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.