Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Favorite Things: February

I love reading about other bloggers and their favorite things so I thought I would join in with Emma over at Manicurity and post my favorite things with her list of questions.

favorite new (tried) polish: Probably Catrice ACid/DC. Catrice polish is just amazing. The formula is fabulous! Plus they have fun catchy names! :) Oh how can you go wrong with this amazing color?

favorite new (UNtried) polish: China Glaze Budding Romance from the Avant Garden Collection. A beautiful ugly green! Yes please!

favorite new (tried) indie polish: Slick Lacquer A Wink and a Nod. Wow is this polish just amazingly gorgeous. And the formula is perfection!

favorite new collection: Probably the Zoya PixieDust Collection. Even though I don't own any....yet. And I am really shocked because I usually don't like Zoya, but I am super excited for these! :)


favorite manicure you did this month: I would have to say my ampersand mani for The Digit-al Does Does Love and Heartbreak using Slick Lacquer A Wink and a Nod. I love the memory of the story I told and I am so happy with how it turned out.


Plus my little black strappy dress I created for The Digit-al Dozen Does Love and Heartbreak. My first tape mani that I actually love! :)


And I couldn't just leave it at two! I love my remake of my peacock mani I did for my relaxed 31 Day Challenge. :)


favorite new technique or tip: creating your own nail decals with your polish a head of time on page protectors! Love this and it works great! I have more control over the polish and it's all at the right angle! :)

favorite new makeup item: I would have to Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer in Rose Gold. I got this (sample size) in my Birchbox a few months back but have only recently started using it. And I love the shimmer and brightness it adds!


favorite TV show right now: Well, The Amazing Race started back up this month! Woot! Woot! I love this show! A new favorite show is: Cult. Only seen one episode so far but I am already hooked! Anyone else watch it?

currently reading: Eona by Allison Goodman. Won't tell you much on it, saving it for a Wednesday's Reads. But it is the sequel to Eon. And it is very interesting. Plus I am still plunking through A Game of Thrones (will I ever finish it? Who knows!?)



And there you go! What were your favorites this month?! Feel free to comment with your list!

favorite new polish:
favorite new indie polish:
favorite new (seasonal) collection:
favorite manicure you did this month:
favorite new technique or tip:
favorite new makeup item:
favorite TV show right now:
currently reading:

8 comments:

  1. I love this type of roundup post, I love the more personal touches of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ohhh! I am so excited you're doing this now, too!! I tried watching Cult but didn't like it as much as The Following, have you seen it? Also we're on the same wavelength - love the Pixie Dusts, want Budding Romance, love that indie you got and look forward to seeing you use it AND love making nail decals on plastic :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! :) I also watch The Following, very very good! Sometimes it's scary how similar our brainwaves are! :)

      Delete
  3. I love to read these things! :D

    I do love the zoya pixie dust collection as well, can't wait to get my hands on them :). My boyfriend and I have watched all the episodes of Homeland in 2 weeks so you could say that is my fav TV show at the moment, too bad I need to wait until the end of september for season 3 :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many good things about Homeland. I guess I need to watch that too! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.