Thursday, January 31, 2013

31 Day Challenge 2013 Day 31: A Movie


Day 31 of the 31 Day Challenge 2013 (relaxed version). Remember that this is the relaxed version of the challenge and therefore today is not the last day and this challenge extends until February 12th! :) Today is inspired by a movie. My movie? Singing in the Rain! :) Oh this mani had great potential in my mind. I'm kind of new to layering stamps so I didn't really think this totally through I guess. But I still love it! :) I think it is fabulous!

For my base I used Essence Romeo (shocker, I know, a grey!) I stamped the rain and clouds using Kleancolor Metallic Aqua and Konad White. The stamp plate is Vivid Lacquer VL006. Next I used Konad Black for the music notes with plate A48 (I got it from Messy Mansions). I then followed it up using Konad Red and Konad Black for the the umbrella with Vivid Lacquer VL 003 plate.



And even though this isn't the song mani, I can't leave without playing you this one! :) During this musical number, Gene Kelly was very ill (some say with a fever up to 101 degrees). Most of this scene is made up on the spot! Ah, such great fabulous old Hollywood! :)


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their movie manis!

10 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.