Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Digit-al Dozen Does Festiveness: The Three Wise Men


Today's mani is one of my favorites I have ever done. This is not my original idea. I copied this mani from Messy Mansion (click link to be sent to stamping plate site which also shows the photo). I first saw this picture on Facebook and my jaw dropped. I then ordered the plate and knew I had to re-create this for this week! There was just something magical in the way she designed the mani and I knew I had to do this stamp justice!


I began with two coats of Flormar U08. Gorgeous duochrome.


Here's a bit more of the duochrome shown.


I then sponged on Layla Softouch 02 Golden Touch and applied China Glaze Techno for stars.


I then stamped using Konad Black and Messy Mansion MM01. I then applied HK Girl Top Coat. I just love how this turned out. I just wish that the star was a bit bigger. I had to stamp the land and then the star because my nail and gold was too short. But I still love it! It's super shiny and just lovely.

Please check out Messy Mansion at her store or Facebook (Facebook link is to her photo of this and what she used). It is such a great plate! I can't wait to create another mani using this image!

I love the Three Wise Men. Growing up we used to watch the Claymation Christmas Special and "We Three Kings" was always one of our favorites and to this day we still sing this song like this:


Also love this rendition of the song by Straight No Chaser:



Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their festive manis! :)

11 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful! I may have to get this plate and do a but of copying... ahem I mean tributing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so great about this mani - I don't know if it's the meaning behind it, or the ridiculous, amazing amount of sparkle and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is awesome Kirsten! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You really outdid yourself here! This is just perfect for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is gorgeous! oh, and I love Claymation Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love finding other people who love this show!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.