Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween Challenge: Freestyle


Today for the Halloween Challenge by Crumpet's Nail Tarts, we have a freestyle option! I knew right away what polishes I was going to use.

These two polishes are from previous Halloween collections by China Glaze. The purple is China Glaze Mummy May I (from the Awakening collection in 2010) and the green is China Glaze It's Alive (from the Haunting collection in 2011).

Mummy May I was my first China Glaze purchase and my first non-drugstore polish purchase ever! I bought it at Sally's because I just loved the way it looked! And you know what? I haven't worn it that often! :( But it is still pretty!

These polishes applied like normal China Glaze polishes....no fuss! This is two coats each.


I decided to do a funky french. What? Are you shocked or surprised? Probably not, huh. But I love the alternating colors with the accent nail! Oh and what is that thing on the accent nail? My attempt of using found objects as nail art. Can you tell what it is? It's a bat. Yep, it really is, I promise. I cut it's itty bitty wings so that it didn't stick straight out but rather curved around. Maybe not the best idea but I still like it! :)



This is what the bat originally looked like. I got them in my nail mail package with the Halloween polish I ordered from Lacquistry (stayed tuned for next Friday for the polish that I bought!). But aren't the bats cute! :)



And don't forget to check out the others doing the Crumpet's Nail Tarts Halloween Challenge!

6 comments:

  1. I was actually shocked :P I think it's gorgeous though! Really need to get both of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Kirsten! I'm loving Mummy May I, that's going on the ol' wish list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! love the little bats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.