Friday, July 27, 2012

Guest Post by Gnarly Gnails

Good Morning Owlets!

Today's guest post is by Missy over at Gnarly Gnails! She does some insanely crazy nail art that it spectacular!

I have posted this one today because she has chosen an Indie polish for her version of TGIF: Thank Goodness, Indie Friday!

Thank you so much Missy! :)

Don't forget to check out her blog after reading this post!

*****************************************************

Hey there friends of The Geeky Owl!
I'm Missy, I do the thang over at Gnarly Gnails and today I'm doin' the thang over here!
When Kirsten asked for some people to guest post, I offered since she's a pretty swell lady and all. I'm sure ya'll know it already!

So, we share a love for Indie polishes, who doesn't these days, right?
Knowing this, I told her to go through my Pinterest stash and pick out a polish she'd like me to use in my guest post. She chose 3 and I narrowed it down to 2, both of which were Dollish Polishes, both of which were untrieds that had been sitting in my stash for far too long with no love.
My first choice was Cold Winds Are Rising, because it's just not one I ever see posted. Unfortunately, that polish kind of sucked, I'm sorry to say. It was a thick nightmare and getting any of the larger glitter out of the bottle proved a huge fail.

Enter Zombie Flesh.
Yes, I got this polish solely for the name.
And just like the other polish, it proved to be a bit of a nightmare.
Thick, not well pigmented and I could barely get the larger glitters out, as you can see, there must be a total of 6 pieces.
The good thing is that the pics look fantastic. In real life I loved this mani a lot less. It's kind of like when people say the book is better than the movie...well the movie is better in this case!
Alas...I'm not a complainer by nature..I do like the pics and in blog land that's about all that matters!
The base on Zombie Flesh is a sage green with green, black and gold microglitters and then larger black hex glitters.
These photos are 3 coats over one coat of Orly Luxe (a metallic champagne gold)






I can't do a guest post without a little nail art...so true to it's name, I turned Zombie Flesh into Flesh Eating Zombies with Gnarly Teeth!





Thanks for having me!

4 comments:

  1. Your zombies are amazing, so cute! And I would have never thought to layer Zombie Flesh over Orly Lux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zombies are adorable! That sucks that the movie is better because this is a great looking one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Zombies are so adorable. Love em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so freaking cute! I love them. & I love Zombie Flesh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.